35 Ways to Invest in Yourself
(because you are worth it)
- Spend meaningful time with a friend.
- Save money. You won’t stress when something unexpected comes up.
- Therapy and counseling.
- Massages, manicures, & pedicures.
- Surround yourself with people who love, support, and encourage you.
- Read. If you’re not a reader, try audiobooks.
- Regular check ups with your doctor.
- Adequate sleep.
- Be generous with your time and money.
- Find a mentor.
- Feed yourself spiritually.
- Eat real food. You’ll feel better.
- Forgive others.
- Forgive yourself.
- Exercise. Engage in any physical activity that you enjoy.
- Spend quality time with your partner.
- Sunshine. Bask in it.
- Meal plan. If you plan, you’ll eat better. See #13.
- Pray and meditate.
- Get clear on what you really want.
- Have a few outfits that make you feel amazing.
- Time away from your family & kids. Take a break sometimes.
- Learn something new.
- Start assembling a team (trainer, chef, housecleaner, counselor, biz coach, etc.).
- Keep a gratitude journal. Write in it daily.
- Get an accountability partner.
- Connect with nature.
- Establish personal and professional boundaries. Great book here.
- Organization (being well organized saves time and money).
- Have a purpose (what makes you excited to get out of bed every morning?)
- Volunteer (helping others always makes you feel better).
- Use faith declarations and affirmations.
- Accept what is not within your control.
and an a bonus…
36. Sex. My husband tossed this one in. It’s great for stress, sleep, your immune system, and a healthy marriage.
Here’s the challenge: Pick out one thing and focus on it today. Just one thing.
And then tomorrow, focus on one thing.
And so on.
What’s your focus today?