Between bra shopping and an upcoming annual visit with the OB/GYN, I’ve been thinking a lot about breast health lately. This topic creates a good deal of fear and anxiety in many women. Let’s re-frame and focus on things that are within our control. I’ve come up with 5 simple tips to keep your breasts healthy.
Oh, that bra shopping….I bought 4. 2 pretty bralettes and 2 functional ones.
One of my criteria for bras is….NO underwire. And that’s tip #1.
5 Tips to Keep Your Breasts Healthy
1. Ditch the underwire bra. There’s a good deal of conflicting info linking underwire bras to breast health. When in doubt, just stop wearing them. Any restrictive bra presents the lymph system from draining toxins from the body. Sports bras are great alternatives. Even better, go braless. Research shows that going braless helps to keep your breasts perky. Bonus: underwire bras are so darn uncomfortable anyway.
2. Eat more fruit & veggies. Produce is rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants help to prevent oxidation and oxidative stress which produce free radicals that damage cells. Bottom line: fruits & veggies help your cells stay healthy.
3. Eat less sugar. There is research that shows links between sugar and the C word. Some attribute it to raised insulin levels. Others think it’s because sugar impacts the gut microbiome. Regardless of how you look at it, too much sugar is unhealthy. Just limit your sugar.
4. Limit stress. We all experience stress. But it’s super important to limit chronic and ongoing stress. Stress hormones can prevent anoikis, a process that kills diseased cells and prevents them from spreading. This is important stuff. Do what it takes to reduce the chronic stress in your life.
5. Apply frankincense daily to the breasts. Just a simple google will reveal tons of info about how frankincense supports healthy breast tissue. A girlfriend recently had a thermal mammogram. The technician encouraged her to massage her breasts daily with frankincense. More and more medical professionals are encouraging alternatives and that’s a good thing.
There you have it. 5 simple ways that you can support your girls…..pun intended.
If are looking for more info on frankincense, check out this post.