Did you know that yoga can help with stress, tension, back injuries, blood pressure regulation, inflammation, fatigue, and helping to create a positive outlook on life? In fact, that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Yoga supports lymphatic health, eases depression, and so much more. It’s great for all ages and can be especially helpful for mobility and joint support as we age.
I’m super excited to tell y’all about this new book, Essential Yoga Practice: Your Guide to the New Yoga Experience with Essential Oils, co-written by my friend and doTerra Diamond, Asti Atkinson.
Coincidently, I just started doing yoga last week and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. I’m not really the “yoga type” (whatever that is!?!?!) but it’s super relaxing. Another coincidence….my yoga instructor uses essential oils in her practice. It was quite a pleasant surprise the first time she ended the class with a scalp massage while we were laying in corpse position. Loved it!
Whether you are new to yoga (like me) or a yoga pro, I think you’ll love this book. If you love essential oils, I KNOW you will. It has 6 original yoga sequences paired with essential oils. There are lots of photographs so it’s easy to understand. Check out Essential Yoga Practice for more info or pick up a copy on Amazon. The Kindle price is super cheap but you may want a hard copy just for the photos.
If you are currently doing yoga and want to integrate essential oils, here are a few basic suggestions:
- Lemon. Lemon has powerful detoxification properties. Yoga is super good at helping the body release toxins. Add a drop or 2 of lemon essential oil to your water to flush all of these nasty toxins out. Be sure and use a glass water bottle only. LifeFactory bottles are great.
- Breathe. The oils in Breathe work together to support the respiratory system. Yoga emphasizes deep breathing and expands our oxygen intake. Perfect match! Before or during, deeply inhale Breathe straight from the bottle or place a drop in your hands, inhale & exhale for 60 seconds. Really opens you up.
- Balance. This is a grounding blend and a lovely combination of spruce, ho wood oil, frankincense, blue tansy, and blue chamomile. True to it’s name, it promotes emotional and physical balance bringing harmony to the body and mind. Before you begin, inhale balance and set your intentions.
- Lavender. If you are utilizing yoga to de-stress, lavender is the perfect companion. Simply apply to your heart and inhale before or during your session.
- OnGuard. Gotta clean that yoga mat, right? In a glass spray bottle, mix a few drops of OnGuard with water and spray on your mat. No nasty chemicals, smells good, and it’s an effective cleaner. Personally, I use about 30 drops of OnGuard in a 16 ounce bottle. Here’s a mat that I’m loving these days.
P.S. If you are new to the essential oil world and want to pick up some high quality oils, send me an email at steph @ stephanieblue.com and I’ll gladly help.