Are you concerned about a global pandemic or super virus?
A few times a year, there seems to be a scare about the possibility of a supervirus. It does appear that viruses are getting stronger while our bodies are becoming weaker and unable to fight off infections. Over the years, we have seen concerns about swine flu and bird flu. More recently, it was the brain-eating, black mold scare. There is also much controversy over scientists who are creating their own killer viruses. Many of the “experts” believe that it’s just a matter of time before we see a supervirus that causes widespread illness and death.
10 Antiviral Essential Oils
Essential oils have naturally antiviral and antibacterial properties. As essential oils are powerful, be sure to use caution when using. It is always wise to consult with a physician and use your own judgement as well. The following essential oils are antiviral. My own natural medicine cabinet is stocked with these doTERRA essential oils.
- Basil essential oil. Anti-infectious, antibacterial, antiviral. It can be used topically. Excellent choice for ear issues. Place one drop on a cotton ball and place in the ear. Cover with first aid tape. Often helps overnight.
- Black pepper essential oil. Antispasmodic, antibacterial, antiviral. Black pepper essential oil is high in aldehydes which makes it a highly anti-viral essential oil.
- Cassia essential oil. Anti-infectious, antibacterial, antiviral. Cassia is in the cinnamon family and is very hot. It should always be diluted.
- Cinnamon essential oil. Anti-infectious, antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral. Cinnamon is a great choice for an anti-viral but, like cassia, it is a hot oil. Always dilute.
- Clove essential oil. Antifungal, antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-tumorous, antiseptic. Clove oil is one of the most powerful antiviral oils. Always dilute.
- Melaleuca essential oil. Antifungal, antibacterial, anti-infectious, antiviral. Melaleuca (also known s tea tree oil) is a highly popular and widely used antiviral oil. It actually has many “anti-” properties and is always a good go-to.
- Melissa essential oil. antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral. Melissa is actually one of the most powerful antiviral oils.
- OnGuard essential oil. Antiviral, antibacterial, anti-infectious. OnGuard is a blend clove, cinnamon, wild orange, rosemary and eucalyptus essential oils. Not only is it highly anti-viral but it smells great. OnGuard is best used as a preventative. During cold and flu season, I keep a bottle in my purse and we inhale deeply (from the bottle) before entering public places. This is a must-have in our home.
- Oregano essential oil. Antibacterial, antiviral, antimicrobial. Oregano is our go-to for hard-core issues but it also has great antiviral properties. Two key constituents found in it are carvacrol and thymol, thus it can reduce down pathogens. Another must-have in our home.
- Thyme essential oil. Antibacterial, antiviral, antimicrobial, antiseptic. Thyme is another anti-viral powerhouse. Thyme essential oil if often used in natural cleaning supplies as a disinfectant.
While I do have concerns about a super-virus, I do not live in a state of fear. I also have great confidence that my essential oils are powerful and effective. What about you? Are you concerned about a super virus? How would you combat a super virus?
Get prepared right now. Click here for info on purchasing essential oils. Or you can open a wholesale account for additional savings. It is best to start out with a kit. I recommend the Home Essentials kit. It’s a great way to bring the oils into your home and this kit has most everything you need to cover your family’s basic needs.